[Attorney Communication Per Rule 7.2]
Thousands of Victims of devastating Camp Fire in Butte County, Northern California may receive cash compensation for their injuries, destroyed properties, and emotional suffering and fear …. but, sadly, many of them are unaware of their rights.
Victims of the Campfire are currently bringing claims agains PG&E alleging the following causes of action:
Inverse condemnation is the constitutional, no fault cause of action that helps facilitate efficient resolution in the aftermath of utility-caused wildfires. The law derives from the so-called “Takings Clause” of the Fifth Amendment, which states, “[N]or shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.”
Assuming that official investigation will confirm that on November 8, 2018, PG&E’s power lines came in contact with vegetation and sparked, causing the Camp Fire that killed people and burned properties – the victims may bring a claim for inverse condemnation.
People affected by the Camp Fire have not received adequate compensation for the damage to and destruction of their property, thus constituting a taking or damaging of their property by PG&E without just compensation.
Attention: If you or a loved one have been affected in any way by the Camp Fire, you may be entitled to receive cash compensation. Applying for a claim evaluation is quick, discreet, and there is absolutely no cost.
A cause of action for negligence requires a legal duty to act in a certain way; breach of that duty; causation – defendant’s actions (or inaction) must actually cause the plaintiff’s injury; and damages.
Based on our preliminary investigation, the Camp Fire was, more likely, a result of negligent acts and omissions of PG&E such as:
– failing to timely and properly maintain, manage, inspect, and monitor the subject power lines, electrical equipment, and adjacent vegetation;
– failing to make the overhead lines safe under all the exigencies created by surrounding circumstances and conditions;
– failing to conduct adequate and reasonably prompt inspections of the electrical transmission lines and associated equipment;
– failing to design, construct, monitor, and maintain high voltage electrical transmission, and/or distribution power lines in a manner that avoids the potential to ignite a fire during long, dry seasons;
– failing to keep equipment in a safe condition and/or manage equipment to prevent fire at all times;
– failing to de-energize power lines during fire prone conditions;
– failing to properly train and to supervise employees and agents responsible for maintenance and inspection of the transmission lines and/or vegetation areas nearby these lines.
News: As of this year, our California Fire Lawyers at Hyde and Swigart work together with 3 other major consumer protection firms collectively known as Wildfire Recovery Attorneys.
Other causes of action and theories of recovery include:
Damages pursuant to Public Utilities Code Sec. 2106;
Public and Private Nuisance;
Violations of Health and Safety Code Sec. 13007
Those who have suffered losses may be entitled to recover money as compensation for their damages, which may include:
- Death of a loved one;
- Bodily injury;
- Loss of a home and/or adjacent structure;
- Loss of personal property;
- Loss of a business structure;
- Loss of agricultural property and products;
- Loss of business or agricultural income;
- Loss of trees or surrounding vegetation/agriculture;
- Emotional suffering, stress, and fear;
- And other damages….
Some Victims Are Worried That They Will Have To Pay Out-Of-Pocket Costs If They Apply for Compensation
Sadly, some victims will not apply for claim evaluation because they are afraid that this service will require out-of-pocket expenses. This is not only wrong, but it’s in fact, quite the opposite.
Applying for a claim evaluation free, confidential, and there is absolutely no cost.
Many Victims Simply Don’t Know How Much Compensation May Be Owed To Them
Many victims will downplay what happened to them and try to convince themselves that their insurance should cover most of their losses. Not only may this cause financial difficulties and distress overtime, but this is the very reason why corporations, like PG&E, have been getting away with these practices for such a long time…
When you Apply for compensation Today you will make one step closer to holding companies accountable and demand justice for yourself and also for other people who, for one or another reason, won’t receive justice they deserve. Most importantly, you are claiming what is yours for yourself and for your family.
Compensation fund may be limited due to the number of claims. Take an action Today.