Most people are simply grateful to have a decent job. When troubles occur at work, they are reluctant to do anything about it because they don’t want to jeopardize their jobs and they feel the employer has the upper hand.
Fortunately, both state and federal law protects employees more than ever before! By law, your employer or any future employer cannot retaliate against you for complaining about illegal behavior in the workplace.
If you are an employee who has experienced discrimination, harassment or any other violation of employment laws, attorneys from our firm will fight for you. Applying for a claim evaluation is quick, discreet, and there is absolutely no cost.
We do not represent employers; our focus is on helping mistreated employees take a stand and assert their rights.
Our lawyers at Hyde and Swigart, APC represent employees in all types of employment law disputes. We help clients take a stand against mistreatment in the workplace. We stand up to employers and fight aggressively to get our clients the best outcomes possible.
Our lawyers handle cases involving:
- Harassment: Sexual harassment and other forms of harassment are prohibited in the workplace. We can help protect you from unwanted harassment at work.
- Discrimination: If you have been fired, refused a job, demoted or refused a valid promotion because of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity or other invalid cause, you might have a discrimination claim.
- Pregnancy Discrimination: If you have been treated unfavorably because of pregnancy, childbirth, or a medical condition related to pregnancy or childbirth, you might have a pregnancy discrimination claim.
- Wage and hour violations: There are strict laws regulating the terms of compensation in most jobs. If you have been denied overtime pay, not received overtime compensation or suffered any other wage and hour violation, we will fight for you.
- Wrongful termination: If you have been fired from your job for unfair reasons, you might have a wrongful termination claim.
Even if you are unsure whether or not you have a claim, if you think your rights might have been violated somehow at work, talk to us. We can help you assess your claim — free of charge — and if you have a claim, we will fight for you from beginning to end.