If you find inaccurate information on your consumer credit report, you need to follow the procedures set forth specifically in the FCRA to create standing to take action:

Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors.

A person shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address specified by the person for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate, and the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

A furnisher, such as a creditor, debt collector or a debt buyer cannot knowingly furnish inaccurate credit reporting information. If such inaccurate information is found, the consumer must dispute the inaccurate information through the credit reporting agency, directly, and not only with the furnisher.

The credit reporting agency then has an obligation to pass the dispute to onto the furnisher who then is obligated to conduct an investigation and take any corrective action.

IMPORTANT NOTE – A consumer should never submit a dispute concerning any credit reporting information through the credit reporting agency’s website. Such a submission results in the consumer agreeing to and being bound to anti-consumer arbitration agreements. A consumer should always send written disputes in writing through certified mail.


  • Your Information

    The information requested here is confidential and will never be shared with anyone.
  • Our Understanding With You

    DISCLAIMER - I understand that I am only requesting a free evaluation, and that by doing so Hyde & Swigart and I are not creating a business or legal relationship between us. This will only happen if we both agree to this later. Further, I also understand that if I do not hear from Hyde & Swigart within one business day after I send this I should call them at (619) 233-7770 to be sure they received this information.
  • Credit Report Information

  • Problems I Am Having

  • What is the issue? (Describe The Problem Here. This is not required.